Assistant Store Manager
Midland Chandlers - Braunston
Arleigh Group Ltd is the market leader in the supply of parts and accessories to the static caravan, motorhome, inland waterways and offshore marine markets.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the running of the store in the absence of the manger - you will thrive in a role that is both challenging and demanding, focussing on maximising sales, exceeding budget targets, efficient cost controls, promoting fantastic customer service and looking for opportunities to lead, motivate and develop your team to deliver. You will work closely with the Store Manager, whilst continuing to improve and develop your skillset, through the deliverance of your duties, efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Generates ideas about future trade and retail activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the marketplace, inland waterways industry, competitors and trends.
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day running of the Braunston store in the absence of the manager.
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of their team, assists the manager in setting objectives and targets.
- Assists Line manager with any other tasks that work towards the future development of Midland Chandlers and the wider Arleigh Group.
- Prepare reporting as needed.
- Tour the sales floor regularly, keeping it clean and tidy, re-stocking and fronting up shelves, talking to colleagues and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Assist in receiving deliveries and stock management procedures.
- Interact with customers to offer guidance, point out products, and assist them in making purchasing decisions.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge to provide customers with the best, most accurate information possible.
- Monitoring staff behaviour, attitude, and presentation to make sure they are a positive reflection of the retail store's values.
Skill & Attributes
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sell to Customer Needs
- Sales Planning
- Build Relationships
- Manage Processes
- Market Knowledge
- Retail Management Experience
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Death In service insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Training and development programme