Midland Chandlers - Braunston
Arleigh Group Ltd is the market leader in the supply of parts and accessories to the static caravan, motorhome, inland waterways and offshore marine markets.
Midland Chandlers is the leading supplier of parts and accessories into the Inland Waterways marine & leisure markets, we operate from a central distribution hub in Nuneaton, Warwickshire and have three canal side branches in Braunston, Preston Brook and Willington.
We are looking to recruit a Store Manager for our Braunston branch. Situated adjacent to the Braunston Junction, between the North Oxford and the South Oxford/Grand Union Canals. This is a great opportunity to work in a picturesque location with superb on site facilities.
As a Store Manager you will have overall responsibility for the running of the store - you will thrive in a role that is challenging and demanding, focussing on maximising sales, exceeding budget targets, efficient cost controls, promoting fantastic customer service and looking for opportunities to lead, motivate and develop your team to deliver.
- Generates ideas about future trade and retail activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the marketplace, inland waterways industry, competitors and trends.
- Actively involved in team discussions with other departments and Arleigh Group businesses to ensure the smooth integration of the Arleigh Group business strategy
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day running of the Braunston store.
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of their team, sets objectives and targets; develop individual training plans.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists Line manager with any other tasks that work towards the future development of Midland Chandlers and the wider Arleigh Group.
- Prepare reporting as needed.
- Tour the sales floor regularly, keeping it clean and tidy, re-stocking and fronting up shelves, talking to colleagues and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Assist in receiving deliveries and stock management procedures.
- Interact with customers to offer guidance, point out products, and assist them in making purchasing decisions.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge to provide customers with the best, most accurate information possible
- Monitoring staff behaviour, attitude, and presentation to make sure they are a positive reflection of the retail store's values
Skill & Attributes
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sell to Customer Needs
- Sales Planning
- Build Relationships
- Manage Processes
- Market Knowledge
- Retail Management Experience