Midland Chandlers - Braunston
Arleigh Group Ltd is the market leader in the supply of parts and accessories to the static caravan, motorhome, inland waterways and offshore marine markets.
Midland Chandlers is the leading supplier of parts and accessories into the Inland Waterways marine & leisure markets, we operate from a central distribution hub in Nuneaton, Warwickshire and have three canal side branches in Braunston, Preston Brook and Willington.
In this role, you will interact directly with customers via emails, phone calls, and in-person contact to answer questions, provide guidance, increase sales, and elevate their experience with our company. You’ll be expected to keep up-to-date with all the latest products and promotions to maximize sales opportunities.
- Generates ideas about future trade and retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, inland waterways industry, competitors and trends
- Assist the Branch Manager with obtaining and maintaining long term key customers by comprehending their requirements, whilst playing an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Tour the sales floor regularly, keeping it clean and tidy, re-stocking and fronting up shelves, talking to colleagues and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Greet and serve customers, being polite, patient and helpful, from the moment they enter the shop.
- Work on electronic tills and handle customer’s transactions.
- Assist in receiving deliveries and stock management procedures.
- Interact with customers to offer guidance, technical advice, and assist them in making purchasing decisions
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge to provide customers with the best, most accurate information possible
- Assist the Branch Manager with any other tasks that work towards the future development of Midland Chandlers
- Reporting to Branch Manager as required on KPIs and initiatives
Skill & Attributes
- Knowledge of Microsoft windows & office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Excellent team-working skills
- Sound problem solving abilities
- Personal drive and ambition
- Experience in retail sector
- Understanding of marine and leisure industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be organised and efficient