Aquafax - Luton
To provide support to the Warehouse & Logistics Manager in the day to day operational requirements of the warehouse to fulfill business targets and objectives.
To provide cover for the Warehouse Manager in their absence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the smooth running of the Warehouse – to include organizing staff and tasks according to skill sets and experience.
- Identify and communicate to the Warehouse Manager any gaps in skills and training requirements
- Manage and Monitor warehouse staff and feedback results
- Coordinate all warehouse activities such as safe handling, storage and distribution of materials
- Maintain accurate stock levels, updating the business WMS system
- Take a lead regards stock control/management including cycle count process
- Oversee the day to day operations of the warehouse, including Goods In and Goods Out areas and stock control
- Ensure all training is completed on time and to standard
- Ensure that the warehouse is brought up to and then maintained as a clean, tidy & safe environment to work working up to a 5s standard
- Carry out any other warehouse related tasks as requested by the Warehouse Manager
- Health & Safety – Ensure that all Warehouse staff adhere to Health & safety regulations at all times
Key and Desired Skills
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Be flexible with a hands on approach - leads by example
- Ability to adapt and change tasks/workload/delegation in a an ever changing environment
- Possesses good attention and accuracy to detail
- Previous supervisory/team leader experience and advantage
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to adapt and deal with people on all levels
- Good numeracy and literacy skills in English
- Good IT experience with WMS systems experience
- Good organizational/people skills along with excellent verbal/written communication
Required to work within a Warehouse environment. PPE equipment will be issued & must be worn as instructed at all times
The warehouse is an expansive area so the role is physically demanding at times with much manual handling. MHE is provided for larger/heavier handling.